Picket Styles For Fences In Nashville TN
There is a fairly wide variation of fence picket styles used across America, but only a few different ones are used to build custom wood fences in Nashville TN. Dog ear pickets are by far the most popular. If you go to your backyard to look at your neighborís fence or drive around your neighborhood, around 90 percent of the fences you see were built with dog ear fencing pickets. If you are looking to have a Nashville Fence Company come to your house and build a new custom wood fence, you have a few options to choose from. These different Picket Styles are shown and explained below.
Dog ear fence pickets are by far the most popular picket style in Nashville TN. In fact, about 90 percent of wood fences in Nashville have dog ear pickets. A dog ear picket is cut square at the bottom, which means the bottom 2 corners have 90 degree angles. At the top, the 2 corners are cut at about a 45 degree angle. This gives the wood a slightly more decorative, but still formal, look to it and this is why it is the favored picket in most areas of Tennessee. If matching a neighborís fence is essential to you, there is a very good chance that your fence will be built with dog ear pickets. If you are more concerned in having a fence that is different from the rest of the homes in your neighborhood, there are numerous customizations to choose from that donít necessarily include using a different type of fence picket. Dog ear is certainly the most readily available and easy to find.
Custom wood fences in Nashville are built with flattop pickets allot less often than dog ear, but they are the second most popular. Flattop fence pickets are cut square at all four corners, which means they are all 90 degrees. The only situation that flattop pickets are typically used for is when a homeowner wants framed lattice work at the top of their fence or some other custom built style that causes the top of the pickets to not be evident. With that being said, even under those conditions, most fence companies still build the fence with dog ear pickets. Although it is pretty uncommon, there are some homeowners in Nashville that prefer their fence to be perfectly square at the top like shown in the picture. Despite it not being as common as dog ear, it is still a very nice look and it can unquestionably make your yard stick out from the rest of your neighborhood.
French gothic pickets are barely ever used in the Nashville area, but the option is still available. These pickets are cut square at the bottom like any other type of fence picket, but they have a far more decorative cut at the top. Starting about a foot below the very top, the sides are gradually curved towards the middle. The top side of the picket is left flat and is about an inch across. A half circle is then cut about a foot from the top on both sides where the curve began. This gives it a much more detailed and diverse look than almost all of the other types of fence pickets. Although this style of fence picket isnít very popular, it does provide a nice look that can make your fence stick out from the repetitious style of fencing you see throughout Nashville. French gothic fence pickets are also known to deliver a complimentary look to Victorian style homes.
Gothic fence pickets are not normally used in the Nashville area, but they are still available. Gothic pickets are very comparable to French gothic pickets. About a foot from the top, the sides begin to curl towards the middle of the picket as you get closer to the top. The top side is left flat about an inch across. The bottom is cut square and has a 90 degree angle on both corners. Gothic style fence pickets vary from French gothic because they do not have the semi-circle cut out. Even though these are not very popular in the Nashville Tennessee area, using this type of picket can make your fence look different from any of your neighbors if that is what you are trying to attain. They look great with certain types of homes and can provide a embellished look that you donít see very often.
- Hire A Local Fence Company: Are you looking to hire a contractor to build that perfect picket fence? Finding Nashville, TN fence companies need not be a chore.
- Nashville Fence Installation: Depending on your project at hand, fence construction/building can range from simple to complex. If your project is large in range, features difficult topography or geometry or any other special requirements, you may choose to hire a fencing contractor. Hulk Construction offers experience, equipment and liability protection that can save you both time and peace of mind.
- Fence Companies Nashville: Fence construction can require certain tools and equipment. This may include surveying tools, construction aids for stretching or leveling fencing and excavation equipment intended for the drilling of postholes. Consider this carefully, especially if you live in areas with rocky soils where digging postholes by hand can be tedious and exhausting.
- Decks Nashville Tn: When deciding on home improvement projects, nothing can cost you more than a DIY job gone bad or a contractor who's ill-equipped to do the job. This is especially true of deck building projects where you need to execute proper footings, structural supports and connection points with the home with advanced expertise to ensure that the space remains enjoyable and secure for years.
- Nashville Deck Builders: Building a deck takes a good amount of carpentry skills as well as knowledge of power tool use. For those unaccustomed with construction, it might be best to hire a professional. This way, you will be sure to achieve quality results without putting your safety at risk. While Hulk Construction might be able to purchase materials at a discounted cost, you will end up paying for the labor, so be sure to budget accordingly.
- The Perfect Deck: Do you want to enjoy that Nashville summer while relaxing on your very own garden deck? Building that perfect deck can be the penultimate addition to your home and garden. Creating the space you want is both a pleasure and a challenge.
- Different Woods: Builders have always used a fairly wide variation of different woods when it comes to fences in Nashville. If you have a specific type of wood that you would like us to use, we can special order it or use one of our existing lumber foundations. With that being said, 99% of the fences we build in Nashville are either cedar or pine. We occasionally build a redwood fence, but it is very rare. Below are some key details about the features associated with the most usually used woods for Nashville Fences. Wood prices are similar to gas prices in that they fluctuate. For precise information about current wood prices, use the form to the right to Get Estimates.
- Types of Decks: Deciding on the deck design is admittedly one of the most exciting parts about building a deck in Nashville, Tennessee. The perfect deck design should not only open up living space. It should also encourage possibility. Decks are not just high-end patios. They serve as functional extensions of your home.